Combination: Class One/Log Hauling Course
This four (4) week program is a 126 hour driving program.
- Classroom review covering the Class One learners license
- "Hours of Service" regulations will be reviewed as well how to accurately complete and maintain a driver's logbook. Drivers also visit the government weigh scales.
- Certified Air Brake Training (16 hours)
- 50 hours of off highway and highway Log Truck Driver training
- As a student you will learn how to load, drive and unload a log truck safely. You will haul logs in a real logging truck environment, learning the skills you will need to work in the Log Haul Industry.
- 60 Hours Class One Driver Training (Highway Truck):
- In-town driving; hands-on training in a fifteen or eighteen speed road ranger style transmission attached to a trailer... Focus will be spent on basic shifting, driver observation, and general driving skills; pre trip and post trip inspection as well as basic maintenance.
- Highway driving; more challenging driving introducing new terrain and weather conditions addressing up and down shifting on hills.
**All students of O’Brien Training will be registered into our recruitment database through Core Recruitment. Each course includes in house consultation with one of our Recruiters at Core Recruitment where students will be assisted with career development services to increase the probability of successful employment. This service is continuous upon completion of all courses and included in program costs - a value of $2500.
Extra costs to the student:
There are some extra costs that the student is responsible for and they are as follows:
|Air Endorsement prior to starting the in cab training
Note: ICBC written Air Brake Test must be written and passed before the road test or within 30 days of completing the Air Brake Endorsement course, whichever comes first. If a student fails the written exam three times the air brake course must be repeated at students' cost.
|Motor Vehicle Branch Air Brake written test||$15.00|
|Motor Vehicle Branch Class 1 Learner's License||$15.00|
|Road Test Fee||$60.00|
|Medical Form Processing Fee||$28.00|
|BC Medical Examination (depending on your doctor's fees)||Approx. $130.00|