Here are the most frequently asked questions we receive. If your questions aren't answered here, contact us!


Q. Are you PCTIA accredited, what is your number?

As a driving school , we are regulated by ICBC.

Q. What is the duration of the training?

The duration of training is determined by which course you are enrolling in. Please see the individual course for the duration length.

Q. How often is the course offered? (How often is your intake?)

We operate on a continual intake basis. You will begin your training within 2-3 weeks of funding approval.

Q. How many people graduated from your program last year?

96% out of 200 students have graduated.

Q. How many graduates found employment in their chosen career?

Approximately 92% of the 200 have found employment.

Q. Do you have any course prerequisites?

You must have a class 5 drivers license and a clean drivers abstract.

Q. Do employers recognize the training offered by your institute?


Q. What is the total cost of the Advanced Class 1 Training you provide?

Currently the price is $8,790.

Q. Is there an age limit for attending Taylor Professional Driving?

Yes, we require that you be a minimum of 18 years old when taking the class 3 program and a minimum of 19 years old for classes 1 & 4.

Q. Do I need a learners license? I have a class 5 drivers license.

Yes, any time you are changing class of licensing you need a learners to operate that class of vehicle. When you are taking Class 1 advanced or development, there is 8 hours of assists to help obtain your learners. Class 1 basic, class 3 and class 4, you must have your learners before you start your training.

Q. What tests do I need to take?

You will need to pass a test for your learners license, air brake course and road test.

Q. Where do I go for financial assistance?

If unemployed check with the unemployment office. They have numerous programs that you might be eligible for. If you have a learning or physical disability, check with your local Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. If you are a first nations, check with your band office.

Currently there is funding available for displaced forestry workers, see community development trust online.http://www.cd.gov.bc.ca/cdt

Q. Is there funding?

Some people have qualified for funding through E.I, in fact about 75% of our students have qualified for some sort of funding. 

Q. What's the difference between 16 hour and the 20 hour airbrake certification?

If you are upgrading your license you require the 16 hour course. The 20 hour course is for those that just want to attach it to their class 5 license.

Q. How long do I have after taking the air brake course to write the ICBC test?

If you have taken the 16 hour course you have up to a year, if you have taken the 20 hour course you have only one month.

Q. When do I need to renew my air brakes?

Once you have received your endorsement you require no further upgrading.